Clean Box, LLC - Terms and Conditions
Clean Box, LLC, ("Clean Box") makes it a goal to give customers simple and outstanding service. We use the most modern equipment and products available to process and clean your clothes with the utmost care and quality. However, due to problems that can arise from ‘normal wear and tear,’ we cannot assume the responsibility if inferior articles of clothing are damaged during our cleaning process. This is including, but not limited to, special care items, including suede, leather, and fur.
By opening an account and using the services provided by Clean Box you signify that you accept the terms and conditions set forth. These terms and conditions are subject to change, it is the responsibility for you as customer to stay up to date with the changes, and to review these terms prior to the payment of any of our services.
By placing your items in a Clean Box, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Minimum Order Size
1. Wash & Fold order minimum is 10 pounds.
2. No minimum order size for dry cleaning.
1. Orders that have not been paid for within 30 days of the pickup date will be considered abandoned and all property will be donated to charity.
1. All property once returned to a locker must be removed from the locker within 48 hours.
2. Property not claimed after 48 hours will be removed from the locker and the lock combination will be changed.
3. Customers have up to 30 days to claim their property.
4. Any property not claimed within 30 days of the original pick up date will be donated to charity.
5. Items that have been placed in a locker and have not been claimed by any customer will be held for 30 days.
6. If items are unclaimed after 30 days, all property will be donated to charity.
1. Clean Box, exercises the utmost care in cleaning and processing garments entrusted to us and use such processes which, in our opinion, are best suited to the nature and conditions of each individual garment.
2. Nevertheless, we cannot assume responsibility for inherent weaknesses or defects in materials which may result in tears or development of small holes in fabric that are not readily apparent prior to processing.
3. We cannot guarantee against color loss, color bleeding, and shrinkage; or against damage to weak and tender fabrics; or against damage to ancillary items such as belts, buttons, beads, ties or zipper pulls.
4. Clean Box's liability with respect to any damaged items shall not exceed ten (10) times our charge for cleaning that garment regardless of brand or condition.
5. Any damaged items must be reported via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and returned to Clean Box for inspection within 48 hours.
1. Any lost items must be reported via email to the above named email address within 5 business days.
2. Clean Box makes its best reasonable effort to track every item that we process and will review all lost items claims on a case by case basis.
3. Any items determined to have been lost by Clean Box will be reimbursed not to exceed ten (10) times our charge for cleaning that garment regardless of brand or condition.
4. Items will be considered lost 30 days after the initial claim is filed.
5. When leaving items in lockers, please ensure that your locker has been correctly closed and locked.
6. Clean Box is not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from a failure to properly lock the locker.
1. Although, we try as hard as possible to track such items, we are not responsible for loose items such as jewelry, watches, cash, detachable buttons, cufflinks, belts, broaches, stings, laces, hoods or loose items on garments, hangers, etc..
2. We request that customers remove these items and empty pockets prior to leaving items with us as we cannot be held responsible for damage to your garments from items left in pockets (Lipstick, Gum, Pens, etc.).
1. Any personal property placed in a Clean Box locker that appears to have value will be removed by Clean Box and stored for 30 days.
2. If items are unclaimed after 30 days, all property will be donated to charity.
1. Clean Box will adhere a permanent barcode to your garments in an inconspicuous location.
2. These barcodes are very important in helping us track your garments so that items are not lost and to ensure you are billed consistently every time.
3. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate requests not to adhere barcodes.
1. Service days and turnaround time vary by location.
2. Clean Box will make its best reasonable effort to adhere to our service schedule; however, we do not guarantee turnaround times and assume no responsibility for any damages that may occur due to a delay in service.
Types of Clothing Services
1. Wash & Fold (WDF) laundry service charged at a per-pound rate.
a. For the Wash & Fold laundry service, bags will be weighed before and after cleaning.
b. Because we will not individually inspect each item within the bag, they are weighed to prevent any misplacement or loss of articles.
c. However, there will always be a slight chance that a garment may be lost.
d. We reserve the right to automatically bill you for the laundry service.
e. Our Wash & Fold service typically uses warm water to wash and medium heat to dry.
f. You as the customer are able to change your preferences with the other options we offer.
g. We will not honor any claims of shrinking, color fading, or color blending.
h. This is a natural occurrence from the laundry process and clothes damaged from this process will not be considered in any way the responsibility of Clean Box.
i. It is you responsibility as a customer to know of this natural occurring process during the use of our Wash & Fold service.
j. We will always individually inspect clothes for Dry Cleaning; however, we will not be responsible if you include a Dry Clean Only garment in the Wash & Fold laundry service.
k. It will be your responsibility as the customer to notify us prior to service, that you have included such item in the Wash & Fold laundry service pile.
2. Dry Cleaning (DC) service, charged at a per-item rate.
a. We will individually inspect each garment for Dry Cleaning (DC) service.
b. Prior to service, if we find any damages to your garment, we will automatically contact you, and wait for your approval to start servicing that piece.
c. If there are no pre-existing damages to your garments, we will automatically begin servicing them.
d. If you choose to service the damaged garment we had previously questioned you with, we will accept no claims to additional damages to that specified garment.
e. In addition to this, any garment deliberately torn or damaged by the customer or manufacturer, such as torn denim, will never be accepted in a claim.
f. Keep in mind that we will always look at the tag of the garment for the manufacturers specified cleaning instructions.
g. We will always individually inspect clothes for Dry Cleaning; however, we will not be responsible if you include a Dry Clean Only garment in the Wash & Fold laundry service.
h. It will be your responsibility as the customer to notify us prior to service, that you have included such item in the Wash & Fold laundry service pile.
All services will be automatically billed to your credit card on file.
When you first sign up for our service we provide you with as many bags as needed. However, because of the high cost of bags if bags are lost we would have to charge between $3.00-$5.00 to replace each bag. For bags that suffer from damage and normal wear and tear over time we will replace the bags free of charge.
Because garments have the tendency for wear and tear, we cannot be held responsible for the weaknesses that garments have due to this aspect. Items such as, but not limited to, suede, leather, and fur have the tendency to weaken over time.
Responsibility must also be disclaimed for other aspects of the garments, such as trimmings, buckles, belts, beads, buttons, and sequins. In the dry cleaning process, we cannot guarantee that the garments will not shrink or change color or lose color. Clean Box will only be liable for up to ten times the cost of cleaning. Articles without all the original tags will be deemed as no longer acceptable for a claim because it will not be in the same condition as it was when it left our cleaners.
We may re-clean some garments in question that you are not satisfied with. You as the customer must specify which garment or garments need to be re-cleaned. Garments that are being sent in for re-cleaning must have the original tag attached and separated from any other items you may wish to send in. Please place re-cleaning items in a separate marked bag. For each garment that is re-cleaned we will examine the piece to ensure it was not improperly cleaned. False claims for re-cleaning will not be honored and you will be charged for the original cost of cleaning. Items sent in for re-cleaning must be sent back within two (2) days from the day they were delivered. Any items that are indicated to be re-cleaned but sent back after two (2) days will not be honored and you will be charged for the original cost of cleaning. We examine our records and match the re-cleaning item in question with the attached tag to see that the piece in question matches ones that we had previously cleaned. You will be charged for any items sent along with the re-clean garment.
By accepting our terms and putting your laundry into our lockers and entrusting us with your clothes, you take ownership and responsibility of those items. Any disputes involving another party’s items being cleaned using our services will be the responsibility of you the customer, because you will have accepted the ownership of those specified articles.
If you have any preferences in the way we wash your clothes, you may inform us of the way you want them to be cleaned. If you have any allergies to certain soaps or chemicals, please inform us. However, because of previous washing cycles using the machines, we cannot guarantee that the clothes will not be mixed together with the soaps and chemicals you are allergic to. We also will not accept any responsibility to any form of allergic reaction caused by the soaps and chemicals we use. This will also apply to those soaps and chemicals that you had stated you are allergic to. We cannot be held responsible even though you had stated you were allergic.
We make sure to check each individual item here at Clean Box. Our Wash & Fold Laundry Service is weighed twice, prior to washing and after washing. However, we cannot be held responsible in anyway, including financially, to items that have been left in a customer’s article of clothing. These items include, but are not limited to, cash, jewelry, or credit cards. We urge you to please check and re-check your garments before handing them over to us in order to avoid the mistake of misplacing your valuables. We cannot be held responsible for valuables leftover in the garments by you when we come to pick them up.
It is your responsibility as a customer to remain honest. We will not be held responsible if you file any false claims, and will seek reasonable and appropriate compensation if you had any intention in harming the reputation of Clean Box. Because there are human errors involved in service, if you have received any item because it was mis-delivered to you then it will be your responsibility to notify us and return it. If you were to keep it in any way, then you will be held responsible for compensating us.
We reserve the right to change these terms at any time and have the right to refuse service for anyone at any time. Our information will be available to you online on our Web site. You will be able to find our operation times and prices.